May 9, 2013

Would You...?

One of the tasks I spend time on each morning is doing my hair. I know, it might not look it... ;O)  On occasion, when said hair is not conforming, I've fantasised about shaving it all off. I've gone very very short before, but never shaved. I even seriously considered doing this last year. But my vanity got in the way when I considered the photos taken during the first year of my son's life, would have me in them... bald. So I chickened out.

One of Nicol's friends has been through this awful battle of her baby daughter fighting Leukaemia. Nicol has witnessed the pain this disease causes. Have you ever considered doing the Shave for a Cure? But not quite gotten up the gumption to do it?

Lucky for us, we can live vicariously through Nicol. Who I consider to be ultra brave! She IS Shaving for a Cure... This sunday the 12th, at MBC. You can keep your locks, and donate your cash instead!  You won't regret making time in your Mother's Day schedule to come along to our 'Honour, High Tea & a Shave' event at church. This will be a very family friendly morning and very hands-on. Your kids will even get to decorate a few cupcakes for us all to eat. It's a really important thing to teach our kids to honour the big people in their life, and this time it's us Mum's turn. They'll get to see us honouring special women in our own lives, too.

Sunday, 12th May - 10am to 11am it's all being shaved off for Nicol - She would really appreciate the support!  

See you there! 
Monique

Links
Donate online here: http://www.shaveforacure.co.nz/view_event_profile/9425
Check out the event details for Sunday, here: https://www.facebook.com/events/164035243762147/
Nicol's Event page here: https://www.facebook.com/events/155744927918169/

No comments: